Hands as soft as your Face.| Most women have some sort of skin care routine. They will cleanse, tone and moisturize their face and neck twice a day, massage the latest miracle lotion into their bodies, and wouldn't dream of going without their eye cream. Yet these same women, will often neglect to lavish the same attention on their hands.
The hands age more quickly than any other part of the body, and when you think of the wear and tear they receive it is easy to see why. They are often exposed to harsh chemicals and extreme temperatures. Yet the hands are often the most neglected part of the body when it comes to our beauty regime.
However, with a little extra care and attention, it is possible to have hands that you will be pleased to have on show.
First, always care for your nails, as nothing looks worse that ragged and dirty nails on even the best of hands. Just four simple steps carried out regularly can help your nails become strong and healthy again.
* Purchase a small dropper and a bottle of almond oil. Every evening, when you take your make-up off, put a small drop of almond oil on each nail and massage into your nails and cuticles.
* When removing nail polish, choose a remover that has a low acetone content. Always wash your hands after removing polish, as this will get rid of any drying chemicals that remain on your hands and nails.
* Wear gloves when carrying out household tasks. Do not leave hands in water for any length of time as this dehydrates nails.
* Eat a healthy diet rich in calcium. Cut down on alcohol. It is worth considering taking a multivitamin if you think that your diet is lacking in vitamins and minerals.
Now that your nails are on their way to looking their best, it is time to put a hand anti-aging plan into action. The following 5 point plan will soon have your hands looking soft and smooth.
1. Prevention is always better than cure, and it is never too late to fight back against ageing. No matter how bad you may think your hands look now, it is always worth putting anti-aging preventative measures into action. Probably the best thing you can do to protect your hands from showing signs of aging is to use a sunscreen. Look for hand creams that have an SPF factor of at least 15 and reapply regularly throughout the day. Keep some hand at strategic places throughout your home, such as by the kitchen and bathroom sinks.
2. Taking a daily vitamin supplement that contains the vitamins A and C and E, as well as the B vitamins will help to improve your skin overall, as well as on your hands.
3. Always apply a rich hand cream last thing at night. Also massage the cream well into your wrists and forearms where the skin is thin, as these areas will also give away your age. Once a week apply a good layer of a rich cream and put on some cotton gloves. If possible sleep with the gloves on all night, but otherwise, try and keep them on for at least an hour. This gives the cream a chance to really sink into the top cells of the skin on your hands.
4. Give you hands an extra treat by mashing up some avocados and working this well into your skin. Pop on some cotton gloves and relax for 30 minutes. Rinse off the mashed avocado and you will have lovely silky skin.
5. Keep your skin well hydrated by drinking lots of water each day, and staying away from food and drink that dehydrates you. Limit the amount of coffee and alcohol that you drink, and you will notice an improvement in your face and body, as well as your hands.
To ensure that your hands look their best, give yourself a manicure each week. If you wear nail polish, always remove it at the first sign of chipping. Why not try buffing your nails for a well groomed natural look?
By taking the same care with your hands as you do with your face and body, you will soon have hands that you can be proud of.
image source: dt 2372515